The Collab Incubator seeks to support outstanding early-stage entrepreneurs — for-profit or nonprofit — in order to boost their work and to inspire community-centered entrepreneurship in Connecticut.
The Collab Incubator is cohort-based and combines pre-seed funding with coaching, workshops, and networking. We prioritize the individual entrepreneur as much as the idea.
We’re looking for entrepreneurs who:
Are in the early stages of an idea and want to take it to the next level
Bring a diversity of perspectives to the cohort
Care about the community in Connecticut and New Haven
May not call themselves entrepreneurs — yet.
Accepted ventures receive:
- A spot in a 6-week workshop series on early-stage entrepreneurship
- Pre-seed funding of $1000
- Free coworking space
- 1-on-1 coaching sessions
- An assigned mentor from the Collab Mentor Network
- Case-by-case pro bono services from Corporate Partners (legal, accounting, etc.)
- Opportunity to pitch in front of investors and community members.
In order to ensure that every kind of entrepreneur can participate, Collab will try to provide assistance and wraparound services as needed — including childcare, transportation, and interpretation/translation services.
Applications for the Fall Cohort will open in July.